I have been obsessed with this bread since being introduced to it by my dear friend Tiffany, a Foodie Goddess in Baja, Mexico. It was inspired by the original Life Changing Bread Recipe from Sarah Britton’s amazing Blog, My New Roots.
As a Type 1 Diabetic, I have been exploring a Low Carb, Ketogenic approach to eating and have had profound results. Less Carbs = Less Insulin = Less Blood Sugar Rollercoasters ~ YAHHH!!
** Interesting fact ~ prior to the invention of Insulin, a High Fat, Low Carb Diet was used to treat Diabetics!
The original Recipe calls for oats, I simply replace this with more nuts or seeds to lower the carbs. I also use SPROUTED Nuts and Seeds, because they have much more bio available nutrients.
Most of these Sprouted ingredients are available through our on line MARKETPLACE
This is the EASIEST bread ever to make. No kneading required! Bound with Psyllium, Flax and Chia makes it the healthiest choice too. Read Sarah’s original recipe for more reasons to make it!
I was Catering for a Retreat recently that required a Nut Free Menu ~ No problem ~ I simply used Sprouted Pumpkin, Sprouted Sunflower and Hemp ~ YUM YUM!!!!!
1/2 cup Sprouted Flax Meal
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
3 Tbsp Psyllium Husk
1 1/2 cups Water
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Ghee
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly pulse nuts and seeds to a coarse texture
- Add remaining dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Melt coconut oil or ghee
- Add water and oil or ghee and stir to combine
- Pack into a parchment paper lined bread pan and smooth the top
- Bake for 50 mins – 1 hour. Flip half way through baking directly onto the baking rack or tray with holes to allow airflow. Remove parchment.
- It is done when golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped
Serve slathered in Ghee or Coconut Oil for a Ketogenic Snack